Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Just finished an example of 'Artifact' intended sculpture from ancient 'Woolly Mammoth Ivory'. I have been reproducing artifact types for many years, such a combs, hair pins and 'spoons'...adding my own distinguishable designing efforts. The 'Amulet' prototypes are roughly (2inches) in length or smaller. No two examples are alike and hand worked entirely by replicating the original motif, (which is primarily from my note pad and drawing pencils). Usually I sculpt the original 'finished' product to expected specifications, then bring it to my studio (another building) for a production of specific designs with my team of artisans aiding in the quantity productions, (production is both Woolly Mammoth Ivory and Domestic Cow 'Bovine' Bone. This particular design, (photo), is a ladle type, but small enough to be a 'spoon' pendant (Amulet)."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment